While all other departments focus on advocating for issues taking place in our surrounding communities, the On Campus Advocacy department engages with issues taking place on our own campus. The department consists of:
- Labor Advocacy - an activism and discussion group working to advocate for auxiliary workers, faculty union efforts, and non-tenure track workers.
- ENACT - an advocacy and discussion group working to create dialogue about environmental injustices and push the university to divest from fossil fuels
- Feminists For Justice - an advocacy and discussion group revolving around intersectional feminism along with event-hosting including the annual Slut Walk
- Queer & Allies - an advocacy and discussion group for the LGBTQ+ community which also plans Rainbow Prom and Drag Show for the campus community
- Community Engagement - This role focuses on representing and engaging the On-Campus-Advocacy department and SCCAP as a whole, with other student organizations as well as the greater SCU community. Accomplished by attending and hosting SCU events and assisting other OCA programs.
Department Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi! My name is Bella, I am a third year political science and psychology double major and have lived in the Bay Area my entire life! I am super passionate about social justice and service, but some of my areas of interest include open immigration, access to education, and intersectional feminism. In my free time, I love binge watching Love Island, drinking iced tea, and hanging out with friends! I am so excited to continue working in SCCAP and serve our campus community through our advocacy work, event-hosting, and discussion groups :)
Community Engagement Coordinator | email@example.com
Hello everyone! I'm Harena, a sophomore Civil Engineering student, hoping to specialize in Environmental Engineering. I'm from Olympia, WA, and I love being outdoors with a good book and am always done for a good thrift store! I am so excited to be a part of SCAAP because it is such a safe place for so many groups within Santa Clara. As the community engagement program Coordinator, I am thrilled to help plan activities for us as a community to engage with each other, and other communities outside of our campus.
Queers & Allies Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi! My name is Aidan and I'm a second-year political science and psychology double major. I am so excited to be the OCA's new Queers & Allies Program Coordinator and can't wait to help foster a safe and supportive community on campus. Outside of SCCAP, I love playing the guitar, singing, and all things music-related. I look forward to meeting and working with everyone to create a safe space on campus!
Feminists for Justice Coordinator | email@example.com
Hi, my name is Erin! I'm a second year student from the Bay Area, and am currently in the business school. I'm really excited to be a part of SCCAP and can't wait to work with my peers to create a safer, more inclusive space for all. Some topics I hope to focus on in FFJ this year include intersectional feminism, reproductive justice, and making title IX resources more accessible to everyone. Along with SCCAP, I'm also involved with the MCC, Associated Student Government, and QPOCA.
ENACT Program Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey all, my name is Evan and I’m a first year currently undeclared in Arts & Sciences. I’m originally from Eugene, Oregon. I’m passionate about environmental issues, especially corporate responsibility, plant-based eating, city planning, and the application of technology to sustainability! I hope to continue ENACT’s work on campus with fossil fuel divestment as well as fostering a community to strengthen student voices.
Labor Advocacy Program Coordinator | email@example.com
Hello! My name is Bailey and I’m a junior from Seattle, Washington double majoring in Political Science and Economics. I’m passionate about the law and public policy, particularly when it comes to issues of justice and equality. Outside of SCCAP, I’ve also been a part of ASG and the Santa Clara Ethics Bowl team. In my free time, I like to watch football (Go Hawks!), play golf, and spend quality time with my friends. I’m looking forward to supporting faculty union efforts and championing fair treatment for on-campus workers.